Turn Back Time With Dental Implants
At Willits Modern Dentistry, we believe everyone deserves an amazing smile. In some cases, the best option for our patients comes from dental implants. These high-quality implants will turn your smile into a showstopper.
About Dental Implants
In the event of a missing tooth, you have several options. Dr.Long will work closely with you to find the best course for you. Dental implants are a popular choice at our Willits office since they provide a long-lasting and high-quality solution.
Dr. Long uses dental implants combined with bridges or dentures to replace single or multiple missing teeth.
By supporting the facial structure and soft tissues around the gums, cheeks, and lips, implants can enhance the shape and density of your jawbone. Not only that, they can restore your bite while giving you a stunning smile you’ll love.
What Are Dental Implants Made of?
Here at Willits Modern Dentistry, implants are made of three components: the implant, the abutment, and the crown, which fastens to the implant. The implant is a titanium screw threaded on the outside, allowing for a secure attachment to the bone.
We take into account several factors to determine if dental implants are a suitable option for your specific case, such as your oral and overall health, and the amount of available jawbone to anchor the implant. These elements can impact the implant's success rate and your response to treatment.
If there isn't enough bone to support the implant securely, Dr. Long may perform a bone graft or sinus augmentation to increase the bone's availability.
The Dental Implant Process
We’ll rebuild your smile with dental implants following several steps, which include the following:
- Tooth extraction: To create space for your dental implant, Dr. Long will remove any remaining broken or cracked tooth portions.
- Bone graft (if necessary): If you have insufficient bone structure, we can use bone grafts to provide additional support.
- Dental implant placement: Your dental implant will be secured beneath your gums and into your jawbone to allow for integration. It takes several months for the jaw to heal correctly after the implant placement.
- Abutment placement: We’ll screw an abutment into the crown to serve as the supporting structure from the implant, allowing a crown to attach.
- Crown placement: After you’ve had a few weeks to heal, we’ll attach your crown to the abutment.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are more than a few advantages of getting your dental implants from Willits Modern Dentistry, such as:
- Aesthetic expertise: Dr. Long has extensive experience in restorative and cosmetic dentistry, ensuring that you receive care from a skilled professional who cares.
- Continuity of care: You'll receive care at a single office, resulting in fewer office visits.
- Sedation options: If you'd like them, we offer dental sedation options to help ease any anxiety or discomfort during the implant process.
Moreover, when you choose us for your dental implants, you'll be able to incorporate permanent solutions into your long-term dental plan and budget.
Our experience and expertise in restorative and cosmetic dentistry guarantee that you'll achieve your desired results, both in terms of functionality and appearance.
Choose Willits Modern Dentistry for your dental implants, and you'll be on your way to a brighter, more confident smile!
Schedule Your Dental Implant Appointment
Are you ready to take control of your smile? Reach out to our Willits office to schedule your appointment with Dr. Long, and we’ll find out together if dental implants are the right solution for your perfect smile.